The Wood Word is Marywood University’s student-run online newspaper.
The Wood Word is an exclusively online newspaper serving the Marywood University community. A staff of student journalists produce content for the website under the advisement of faculty and staff in the Communication Arts department.
The Wood Word serves as a platform for original, fair and accurate reporting and strives to empower the community by engaging its members in conversation while respecting their diversity of opinions. In all of its endeavors, The Wood Word aims to provide editorial and community leadership on the Marywood campus.
The Wood Word is a member of the Marywood Media Group (MMG), collaborating in its efforts with TV-Marywood, 91.7 VMFM and Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA)/American Advertising Federation (AAF).
Code of Ethics
The Wood Word shall:
• Fairly and accurately represent sources as well as issues of importance to the campus community through original reporting
• Respect the diversity of opinions of the campus community and empower its members to engage in conversation through articles and stories
• Provide editorial and community leadership on the Marywood campus
• Present stories that are fair and balanced by striving to include all known perspectives
• Maintain its independence
• Respect the mission and core values of the university
• Clearly distinguish its content, keeping separate editorial opinion and advertisements from original news reporting
• Promptly correct any errors in reporting
Previous issues can be found at http://issuu.com/themarywoodwoodword
Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/muwoodword
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/TheWoodWord
Find us on Instagram www.instagram.com/TheWoodWord