Group Spotlight – Women’s Group

Photo credit/ Photo Courtesy / 4:12 for Women

Members of Women’s Group pose on one of Marywood’s fields after a group kickball activity.

Paul Capoccia, Community Editor

1 Timothy 4:12, it is written: “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity.”

The group 4:12 for Women is dedicated to the renewal of faith for college students. Meeting twice a month, 4:12 for Women, also known as Women’s Group, is a fun, open, and friendly way for women at Marywood to delve into topics like relationships, stress, pressure, and happiness, according to their information page on the Marywood Campus Ministry page.

“Our meetings are like having a mini-retreat twice a month,” said Alison Demelim, group co-leader and junior early childhood and special education major. “We plan awesome topics and have a great time together.”

Women’s Group, in addition to having discussions on a variety of topics, often takes part in service projects and even has events with the Men’s Group. Most recently, they helped contribute to the Adopt-A-Family food drive, played ultimate Frisbee, and had a joint Halloween party with the Men’s Group.

Susan Durand, junior math major and co-leader, said she enjoys the various topics and events as well.

“My favorite part of 4:12 for Women is being able to get so many different perspectives on our topics. Our group has members from freshmen to seniors, and a variety of majors. Each member brings a unique perspective and life experience, and it is great to hear all they have to say,” said Susan.

Meetings are held twice a month on Sundays at 8:30 p.m. in the Swartz Center for Spiritual Life. All female students are encouraged to join.

Male students interested in a similar group can find information about Men’s Group on the Marywood Campus Ministry page as well. If interested, contact [email protected].

Contact the writer:
[email protected]