NEWS BRIEF: Marywood alumni named Service Professionals of the Year

These Marywood graduates were named New Jersey Educational Service Professionals of the Year.

Rachel Looker, Editor-in-Chief

Rachel Hoyt-Chiara and Marilee Sobrinski, both Marywood alumni who received their Master of Science degrees in Speech-Language Pathology in 2012, were named New Jersey Educational Service Professionals of the Year.
Hoyt-Chiara is a speech-language pathologist at Oxford Central School District and Sobrinski teaches at Belhaven Middle School. Both school districts are located in New Jersey.

According to ShoreNewsToday, the District Superintendent of Belhaven School District said a panel of teachers, parents and administrators selected Sobrinski to be the service professional of the year.

Hoyt-Chiara is the Educational Service Professional of the Year at Oxford Central School District. Photo courtesy: The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders

In letters shared with The Wood Word by the Communication Sciences and Disorders Department, Belhaven Middle School Principal Susan Speirs said, “Ms. Sobrinski loves her role as an educator and believes there is no greater joy than to see unbelievable growth in her students.”

President of the Oxford Township Board of Education Gerald Norton said in a letter to Chiara that she was chosen “not only for your expertise, but because you continue to develop positive student-staff relationships after school hours as advisor, coach and role model for our students.”

Sobrinski (left) is the Educational Service Professional of the Year at Belhaven Middle School. Photo Courtesy: The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders

Twitter: @RLookerTWW