• Check back for new stories after August 25!

Hasta la vista Marywood

Hasta la vista Marywood

Megan McGraw, Online/Multimedia Editor
May 16, 2012
Filed under Senior Farewells

Over the past week, I have been putting off writing my final words for The Wood Word. For once, it has nothing to do with my ability to procrastinate like no other, which I swear is true. Instead, I have been trying to think of something profound to say. Nonetheless, it is usually when I... Read more »

Marywood on a mission to Morogoro

Marywood on a mission to Morogoro

Megan McGraw, Online/Multimedia Editor
April 29, 2012
Filed under News

While some students will begin their summer break in May, a few students will be traveling to Tanzania on a mission to enrich others. In collaboration with the African Sisters Education Collaborative (ASEC), Sister Margaret Gannon, chair of the social sciences department, will take four students... Read more »

Soup Kitchen nourishes a diverse population

Megan McGraw, Online/Multimedia Editor
April 29, 2012
Filed under Hunger Bites

A group begins to form outside of a small, discreet, partially brown brick building on Penn Avenue in Scranton. The doors won’t open until close to 11:00 a.m., but the clients gather early. By 10:30 a.m., the line of patiently waiting individuals has substantially increased in number. At approximately... Read more »

Evolution of the horror film

Evolution of the horror film

Megan McGraw, Online/Multimedia Editor
October 23, 2011
Filed under Arts & Entertainment

“They’re coming to get you, Barbara,” said Johnny as the decaying corpse of the living dead shambled its way through the graveyard. To a horror buff, this quote is easily recognizable from “Night of the Living Dead.” With October upon us and Halloween fast approaching, an examination... Read more »

Local band joins Bamboozle Festival

Megan McGraw, Assistant News Editor
February 4, 2011
Filed under Arts & Entertainment

Scranton-based indie rock quintet Tigers Jaw will play the Bamboozle Festival on April 30th in New Jersey. The Bamboozle Festival is an annual music festival held in East Rutherford, New Jersey at the Meadowlands Sports Complex. Bamboozle is the Coachella of the East Coast. The usual two-day format... Read more »