NEWS BRIEF: String Project receives $2,000 grant

Photo credit/ Marywood Marketing and Communication

(Pictured left to right) Marissa Draim, Clarks Summit, violin music education major and student teacher for Marywood University’s String Project; Cathy Fitzpatrick, grants administrator at The Scranton Area Foundation; and Laura Ducceschi, president and CEO at The Scranton Area Foundation.

Rachel Looker, Editor-in-Chief

Marywood’s String Project received a $2,000 grant from The Scranton Area Community Foundation in support of the All Saints String Project.

The String Project at Marywood is an after-school program where students between the ages of 5 and 18 have the opportunity to take lessons in a variety of different instruments and perform in concerts.

The All Saints String Project serves as a collaboration of Marywood’s String Project, All Saints Academy and the Diocese of Scranton.

Sophie Till, M.M., clinical assistant professor of violin/viola, heads the All Saints String Project and is the director of the String Project at Marywood. She works with Principal of All Saints Academy Doreen Dougherty and Monsignor David L. Tressler from the Diocese of Scranton for the All Saints String Project.

Marywood’s String Project recently expanded last year to three satellite programs at All Saints Academy, Mountain View Elementary School and the Nativity Miguel School.

Twitter: @RLookerTWW