Marywood students enjoy night of dancing at Homecoming

Kelly+Layton%2C+Roni+Shoemaker%2C+Derrick+Eyerman%2C+and+Eric+Schnell+get+ready+to+go+to+Marywoods+Homecoming.+

Photo credit/ Katlynn Whitaker

Kelly Layton, Roni Shoemaker, Derrick Eyerman, and Eric Schnell get ready to go to Marywood’s Homecoming.

Amanda Duncklee, Community Editor

Marywood students met at Fiorelli Catering Hall for the Renaidance, which is a new take on Marywood’s annual Homecoming Dance.

The event began at 7 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 16 and went until midnight. Buses brought students to the event and back to Marywood while other students chose to drive.

Upon entering the venue, students made their way from the lobby into a large hall decorated with fall décor including hollowed apples with candles in them. Students sat at any table they pleased and waited for the evening to commence.

Vince Gross, an automotive technician major from Lincoln Tech, was at the event with his girlfriend and was impressed with the evening.

“This is a very nice, well put together event,” said Gross.

At 7 p.m. hors d’oeuvres were served with a salad, dinner and a desert buffet followed. Once students got food, the dance floor opened for all.

A photo station with prop tables was available for students to use at any time during the evening.

After several songs, the much-anticipated moment arrived: the announcing of the Homecoming Court.

The freshman Lady was Veronica Shoemaker and the Lord was Ryan Calamia.

The sophomore Duchess was Maddesen Wright and the Duke was an unopposed D.J. Boyer.

The junior Princess was Melissa Kowalski and the Prince was William Weiss. The senior Queen was Stephanie Bagniewski and the King was Derrick Eyerman.

Following the announcement, students cheered and went back to the dance floor to continue their evening of enjoyment.

“I’ve always loved dancing with my friends, and the atmosphere tonight is relaxed and fun,” said Paul Kraycer, a junior biotechnology major. “I’m having a great time.”

Twitter: @ADuncklee_TWW