Dance Team welcomes family to Fall Showcase

The+Marywood+Dance+Team+performs+at+their+Fall+Showcase.+

Photo credit/ Katlynn Whitaker

The Marywood Dance Team performs at their Fall Showcase.

Anne Zukowski, Web Editor

Marywood University’s Dance Team (MUDT) had their Fall Showcase performance on Sunday, Dec. 6 in the Center for Athletics and Wellness.

Family and friends of the dancers gathered for their 10th year annual showcase. Songs, like “Mmm Yeah” by Austin Mahone and “Shut Up and Dance” by Walk the Moon, were choreographed and then performed by members of the Dance Team.

In between dances, the dance team took quick water breaks while Coach Rachel Baldini shared fun facts about each dancer and summarized main events they performed at, including the Race for the Cure and the Scranton Santa Parade, which were both featured on local television.

“I’m really proud of them,” Baldini said during a water break. “The ladies have really worked hard this semester,” she continued.

Coach Baldini shared she is excited for the parents who live farther away to have this chance to watch their dances, which are performed during half-time at home basketball games.

“This was created for the parents that are far away so they can see the dances,” said Baldini.

Caitlin Metzger, a senior graphic design major, shared that she was excited for her family to watch the performance.

“We’ve only done performances for students, so it’s fun for our families to also see,” Metzger said.

Parent Robert Buchala from Flemington, N.J. shared he has been to most of the showcases. “We’re most looking forward to seeing them dance,” said Buchala. “As you advance in years, the curriculum starts to get tougher and it’s harder to break up your time between dance and studies, but my daughter seems to handle it well.”

Patrons could also purchase T-shirts for $10 support the Dance Team during the showcase.