Searches for VP of Business Affairs and Provost end with campus meetings

Jessica Bonacci, News Editor

The final candidates for the positions of Vice President of Business Affairs and Provost visited campus in the first two weeks of October to meet with members of the Marywood community.

The Wood Word is not releasing the names of the candidates to protect their privacy during the search process.

Three candidates for each position spoke to members of the community in a series of meetings. The meetings included presentations to faculty, administration and staff with feedback and questions from those in attendance.

The meetings also included sessions with members of the Student Government Association (SGA) and the Graduate Student Council (GSC).

According to Sr. Mary Persico, IHM, Ed.D., president of Marywood, the search committees have looked at the community responses to the candidates and as of Oct. 20, the university will offer the positions to the selected candidates “within the next week.”

After the interviews with the candidates, those who attended had the opportunity to share their responses with the search committees and Sr. Mary.

Following an open meeting with one of the three candidates for the Provost position, Dr. Ann Henry, chair of the Provost search committee and member of the Board of Trustees, said all of the candidates are “very qualified” and “unique.”

“I think we’ve had a very robust selection process,” Henry said.

Henry said Sr. Mary is the “ultimate decision maker” for the new hires.

Sr. Gail Cabral, IHM, professor of psychology and counseling, said the searches for the new Provost and Vice President of Business Affairs are “critical searches for Marywood.”

“I think it’s good for faculty to have input and to see the candidates,” Sr. Gail said.

Follow The Wood Word for more updates.

Twitter: @JBonacciTWW