New Campus Safety chief to begin in October

Mike+Pasqualicchio+will+take+over+as+Chief+of+Campus+Safety+next+month.+

Photo credit/ Bethany Wade

Mike Pasqualicchio will take over as Chief of Campus Safety next month.

Kaitlyn O’Meara, Contributor

Mike Pasqualicchio will lead the Marywood community as chief of Campus Safety starting on Oct. 21.

Pasqualicchio played many roles within the Campus Safety department at Marywood for the last 12 years.

“I’ve worked every position in the department, from desk staff at Loughran Hall, Regina Hall, Madonna Hall, in the ID Center and every shift, so I know how everything works,” he said.

Pasqualicchio will replace Mike Finegan, current chief of campus safety, who has worked in the department for 15 years.

Pasqualicchio and Finegan worked together for the past two months to prepare for the change.

“Mike [Pasqualicchio] has been shadowing me and I’ve been showing him the daily ins and outs of my position so when I leave there will be a seamless transition,” Finegan said.

Finegan said he is confident that Pasqualicchio will succeed in the chief position.

“Mike is a very competent and intelligent guy, so he will reach out and foster his own relationships on campus, not just in the department,” Finegan added.

Both Finegan and Pasqualicchio said they believe there will only be minor adjustments when it comes to the Campus Safety department operations.
Pasqualicchio shared his thoughts on his promotion from sergeant to chief.

“I’m a little nervous, but I’m also excited. We have a great university, a great campus and a great support network. We have a lot of good people… it’s not just me, it’s a team,” Pasqualicchio said.

Twitter: @KOMearaTWW