Developer withdraws proposal for Dunmore section of Marywood South, but plans to resubmit

Back to Article
Back to Article

Photo credit: Manfid Duran

Photo credit: Manfid Duran

Photo credit: Manfid Duran

Photo credit: Manfid Duran

Brooke Williams

Urban Smart Growth’s plans for the Dunmore section of the Marywood South property are also on hold.

Urban Smart Growth CEO Lance Robbins confirmed the variance request to the Dunmore Zoning Board was withdrawn. Afterward, the Dunmore Zoning Board cancelled a hearing scheduled last Thursday for the company to present its plans.

The company previously withdrew its variance application for the only building on the property that is located in Scranton last month, citing unexpected opposition from people living in the surrounding neighborhood.

Urban Smart Growth has until the end of February to decide if it will follow through with the purchase of the Marywood South property. The company proposed transforming the nine buildings that make up the property into a restaurant, apartments and spaces open to the community.

At that time, Robbins said he wouldn’t be surprised if the plans for Dunmore were withdrawn as well.

“We decided that it was better to proceed with Scranton before Dunmore,” Robbins said after the Dunmore request was withdrawn. “We had to withdraw both to be consistent.”

Robbins said the company plans to submit new proposals to Scranton and Dunmore in December or January.

Follow The Wood Word for more updates.

Twitter: @BWilliamsTWW

About the Writer
Brooke Williams, Editor-in-Chief

Brooke Williams is a senior Multimedia Journalism major and The Wood Word's Editor-in-Chief. This is her last semester on The Wood Word's staff before...

• Developer withdraws proposal for Dunmore section of Marywood South, but plans to resubmit

NEWS BRIEF: More acts of vandalism on campus

Opinion

OPINION: My voice matters

Latest security report shows a mixed bag

Community

Group Spotlight: Healing Our Healers

Featured Multimedia

Valid Point Episode 3: Is Big Brother really always watching?

Arts & Entertainment

Gadabout Film Festival to make a stop at Marywood

NEWS BRIEF: Amphitheatre statue vandalized

Marywood addresses mold affecting two campus buildings

Arts & Entertainment

Popcorn Picks Review: ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’

Sports

New year brings new coaching staff and expectations for women’s basketball