NEWS BRIEF: Marywood signs two new agreements

Briana Ryan, News Editor

Last week, Marywood signed an articulation agreement with Johnson College and an affiliation agreement with Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.

The agreement signed with Johnson College on Tuesday, Jan. 21 will allow students in Johnson’s Associate of Science in Computer Information Technology program to transfer to Marywood to complete a bachelor’s degree in either Computer Science or Information Security. Graduates of Johnson’s Associate of Science in Veterinary Technology program will be able to transfer into Marywood’s Bachelor of Science in Biology program.

According to Marywood Provost Dr. Susan Turell, this agreement is just the beginning of Marywood’s relationship with Johnson College.

“This agreement will create a smoother transition for students who are graduating from our neighbor Johnson College to continue their educations in Computer Science, Information Science and Biology,” said Turell. “We hope to expand to even more pathways soon.”

On Thursday, Jan. 23 Marywood signed an affiliation agreement with the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine that will guarantee that all Marywood students who meet admissions standards will receive an interview for the school’s Doctor of Medicine program.

According to Marywood President Sr. Mary Persico, IHM, Ed.D both agreements were signed to help promote collaboration between Marywood and the neighboring schools.

“The educational institutions of our region are committed to our students, no matter their age or the degree programs they take to help them turn their passion into purpose,” said Persico. “We can keep our economy strong, our people healthy and our neighbors happy by working together for the common good.”

Twitter: @BrianaRyanTWW