SPORTS BRIEF: The University of Scranton swimming and diving beats Marywood on Senior Day

Photo credit/ Bethany Wade

Marywood men swimmers battle with the University of Scranton

John Ferraro, Sports Editor

Both the Marywood University men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams lost to the University of Scranton on Saturday, Nov. 19.

According to marywoodpacers.com, Scranton’s women downed Marywood 184-113, while the men earned a 177-100 victory over the Pacers.

Marywood honored its seniors Bryon Scholl, Paul Kraycer, Joseph Buderwitz and graduate Evan Romines on the men’s team and Gabby Creazzo, the lone senior on the women’s side, before the day’s events.

Marywood sophomore Mary Cate Coyle took the 200-yard freestyle by less than half a second over the Royals’ Susannah Isleman. Sophomore Mia Nardone won the 200 butterfly and 100 free.

Scholl made the most of his Senior Day by winning the 100, 200, and 500 freestyle events while fellow senior Buderwitz took the 400 IM in a time of 4:44.62. Kraycer won the 100 backstroke and 50 free competition.

On the diving side, junior Courtney Snyder won both boards, taking the one-meter with a score of 198 and the three-meter with a 206 tally.

Marywood is back in the pool when they travel to Massachusetts for the Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) Invitational from December 2-4.

Twitter: @JohnFerraro21