DJ Earworm performs at Spring Fling

TV-Marywood

Photo credit/ Katlynn Whitaker

Anne Zukowski, Web Editor

Marywood’s Student Activities Crew (SAC) announced on March 16 that the annual Spring Fling would be an outdoor concert.

The concert was held under a 500-person tent located in the Upper Pit parking lot outside of Loughran Hall.

The concert featured both 13 Islands and DJ Dane Lawrence as the opening performers. DJ Earworm, famous for his YouTube mashups, was the headlining performer.

The concert of pop, dance and hip-hop music was free for all Marywood students and one guest.

“I’m hoping to see a bunch of my friends,” said Livia Rainey, a freshman early childhood education major. “The glow aspect is really fun. I’m having an awesome time.”

The night kicked off with music by DJ Dane Lawrence and free t-shirts, sunglasses, glow sticks and food as giveaways. Grande’s Pizza and Rita’s provided food and ice cream.

Kimberly Coleman, assistant director of Student Activities, said SAC wanted to plan a Spring Fling event that all students would want to go to.

“We thought the best event would be an outdoor concert,” Coleman said. “Everyone would be able to relate to DJ Earworm’s music…with songs everyone knows because he’s a mashup artist.”

DJ Earworm shared that he has performed at colleges before and he looked forward to performing.

“College audiences are my favorite,” DJ Earworm said. “The enthusiasm level is really high and people are ready to have fun.”

Brandon Sodani, a junior accounting major and SAC shadow, said he thinks everyone is having a fun time.

“I think everyone here is having fun and I’m sure everyone who’s not here is going to be upset to find out how much fun they missed,” Sodani said. “Hopefully in the next few years more people will know about this and more people will show up.”