Goat yoga comes to campus

Photo credit/ Thomas Kerrigan
Goat Yoga returns to campus

Buttinhead Farms of Hunlock Creek, PA, brought goat yoga to the Fireplace Lounge of Marywood’s Nazareth Student Center on April 10.

From 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. students were able to participate in multiple gentle yoga sessions featuring the farm’s newest kids, some who were recently born on the farm and some who were rescued just days prior to the event, as well as one of their veteran goats.

Three bunnies also accompanied the goat yogis. The event was followed by a post-yoga cuddling session, in which participants were able to hold and pet both the bunnies and goats.

“There’s no better way to relax your mind and enjoy yourself,” explained Jeremiah Aires, a student who attended the event.

“We stretched it out, we relaxed, we forgot about reality, and we entered ‘goatality’” said Buttinhead Farms owner and goat yoga expert Ashley Raspen.

“Goats naturally love to jump on things so it’s perfect. It’s the novelty of having a goat on your back, and students love to get that goat-worthy picture for Instagram,” explained Raspen.

Buttinhead Farms has been doing goat yoga and other similar events for six years. They travel to 18 universities as well as other locations throughout the year to hold yoga sessions for those who can’t come to their farm.

If you enjoyed participating in the goat yoga session or missed out and would like to participate in the future, make sure to look out for emails from the Office of Student Engagement about all of the different events they host on campus.