Ross Novak named Dean of Students; positions change in student life

Alex Knittel, Contributor

The fall semester saw changes in Student Life positions on campus.

Ross Novak, previously the director of housing and residence life, is in a new role as the dean of students beginning this semester.

The school is now using the dean of students model, eliminating the need for an assistant vice president for student life. Amy Paciej-Woodruff previously held the assistant vice president for student life position before the model changed, according to Novak.

“She [Paciej-Woodruff] accepted a position on the faculty side overseeing the M.S. in Higher Education Administration program,” said Novak.

The dean of students model was in place until 2014. Paciej-Woodruff was the dean of students during this time, a role she began in 2007.

The dean of students is responsible for “[supervising] the offices of Housing and Residence Life and Student Activities and Leadership Development as part of [their] responsibilities,” according to an email from Vice President for Enrollment Anne Boland-Chase on Aug. 28.

Tyler Ward, who was previously the assistant director of housing and residence life, will now take over as director of housing of residence life, according to an email from Novak on Oct. 12.

Ward will “lead and manage the housing and residence life program through administration of operations, supervision of staff and development of a vibrant and engaging living-learning community,” according to Novak.

Director of Student Activities and Leadership Development Kimberly Coleman will work closely with Novak under the new dean of students model.

“I think it will be really nice to work with Ross. I think he is very student-centered and having him oversee the areas of Student Activities and Residence Life will be a nice compliment to each other,” said Coleman.

Twitter: @AKnittelTWW