News Brief: Finalists in Marywood’s presidential search to visit campus

The search for Marywood’s 13th president narrows.

The search committee helping select Marywood University’s next president has narrowed the field to three finalists, Sister Mary Persico IHM, ED.D., announced in a memo.
The finalists will visit campus on March 19, 20 and 21 at 3 p.m. in the Munley Theatre in the Sette LaVerghetta Performing Arts Center.

The Marywood community is invited to attend these visits, and after each presentation audience members will be able to complete a survey about the candidates.

Out of over 100 applicants, the committee reviewed 22 applications and selected seven semi-finalists who were interviewed off campus earlier this month, according to the memo. After spring break the three finalists will visit campus before the search committee makes its final recommendation.

However the search committee does not make the final decision. The committee takes its final recommendation to the Board of Trustees which will elect the next president, which is expected to be in early April. The candidate will also need the endorsement of the Marywood University Corporation.