Upcoming MAC Events

Photo credit/ Sabrina Resuta

A new school year can mean many things for students at Marywood. With the Fall semester in full swing, the workload has become more intense for students across all majors. Marywood’s Activities Council, or MAC, ensures that students are able to have fun breaks from their studying, as well as events to look forward to throughout the semester. Two of MAC’s members, Juan Cardenas and Ryan Glatzel, provided more details about the club’s upcoming events.

Marywood Student Dance: Spooky Soiree (Oct. 27): Following the Masquerade Dance hosted last year, MAC decided to hold another dance later this month. The theme will be “Spooky Soiree” and there will be food, drinks and a DJ. The dance will be hosted in the Liguori Center in Regina Hall from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.

On-Campus Ax-Throwing Event (Nov. 4): Come November, MAC will be sponsoring an ax-throwing event on campus. Students will be able to throw axes at wooden targets. The event is expected to prompt friendly competition among students. The precise location will be determined closer to the event date.

New York City Bus Trip (Dec. 2): In December, there will be a student day trip to New York City. There will be a bus that will arrive on campus to take students who are interested into Manhattan. Once in the city, students will be able to explore and do whatever they want for the time they are there and until they have to get back on the bus.

Decorating Ornaments and Gingerbread Cookies (Dec.7): While Christmas may seem to be far from now, MAC is already planning on hosting many on-campus holiday-themed events. This event will be hosted on campus as part of MAC’s “12 Days of Christmas” events. The remaining events will be announced at a later date. Students will be able to decorate ornaments and gingerbread cookies with materials supplied by MAC.

There will be more bingo and trivia nights throughout the semester, in which students will be able to test their knowledge and compete against their peers. Emails will be sent out regarding the theme of each night and the prizes.

When asked what they were most excited about, Cardenas said that it was “to dance and have fun with friends,” referring to the upcoming October dance. Glatzel said, “I am most excited about bingo and the upcoming prizes and themes,” as well as the upcoming dance. Students can contact MAC at [email protected].