Marywood holds hooding and honors ceremony for class of 2018

Class of 2018 graduates received their hoods on May 18. Photo credit: Justin Kucharski

Justin Kucharski

Undergraduate and graduate students of Marywood’s 100th graduating class received their hoods on the morning of Friday, May 18 in the Center for Athletics and Wellness.

Along with the hooding, Citation in Honors graduates, medal recipients, department award recipients and honor societies were also recognized.

The ceremony featured an address from Clinical Psychology Major and Class of 2018 Valedictorian Sean Gaughran, which received a standing ovation from attendees. Class of 2018 Salutatorian Elizabeth Knudsen acknowledged honor society members following Gaughran’s address.

Class of 2017 Valedictorian Haven Christine Donovan returned to Marywood to administer the graduation pledge. Another member of the 2018 graduating class Abigail Rose Hanlon concluded the ceremony with a performance of the Marywood anthem.

Twitter: @JKucharskiTWW

About the Writer
Justin Kucharski, Assistant News Editor
An old event within the foreign languages program is returning to Marywood for the remainder of the semester.