NEWS BRIEF: Campus steam line to be replaced in 2 to 4 years, says Assistant VP of Building and Grounds

Photo credit: Rachel Looker

Photo credit: Rachel Looker

Photo credit: Rachel Looker

Rachel Looker

Marywood’s central steam line is approaching the end of its life cycle, according to Assistant Vice President of Buildings and Grounds Wendy Yankelitis.

Yankelitis estimates the steam line is around 25 years old.

Steam plants are around campus and can be seen along sidewalks near the Nazareth parking lot and along University Avenue where steam is coming out of the ground. Yankelitis said this steam is either from water in a manhole or lost insulation.

She said the university is talking to planners and engineers to explore the different options and determine what would be best for the campus.

“We’re spending a lot of time because this is a substantial investment for the university,” Yankelitis said.

She said the new steam line will not arrive this summer, but the university is targeting the project to be completed in the next two to four years.

Contact the writer: [email protected].edu

Twitter: @RLookerTWW

About the Writer
Rachel Looker, Editor-in-Chief

Rachel is a senior majoring in Digital Media with Broadcast Journalism and Production and minoring in Business. This is Rachel's second year as editor-in-chief...

• NEWS BRIEF: Campus steam line to be replaced in 2 to 4 years, says Assistant VP of Building and Grounds

Community

Group Spotlight: Aphasia Support Group

NEWS BRIEF: Urban Smart Growth CEO meets with neighborhood residents following zoning hearing

Arts & Entertainment

Album review: Young the Giant’s ‘Mirror Master’ is a laid back trip full of peaks and valleys

Men's Soccer

Men’s soccer is looking to finish the season strong

Variance request vote for Marywood South tabled for 30 days

Featured Multimedia

Sports Talk S. 2 Episode 3: NFL season and MLB Playoffs update

Sports

ANALYSIS: Women’s soccer is confident moving into a new conference

Arts & Entertainment

Popcorn Picks Review: ‘Venom’

NEWS BRIEF: Steam system repair to occur during fall break

Community

SALD to host second annual CONQUER Student Leadership Conference