NEWS BRIEF: Campus steam line to be replaced in 2 to 4 years, says Assistant VP of Building and Grounds

Back to Article
Back to Article

Photo credit: Rachel Looker

Photo credit: Rachel Looker

Photo credit: Rachel Looker

Photo credit: Rachel Looker

Rachel Looker

Marywood’s central steam line is approaching the end of its life cycle, according to Assistant Vice President of Buildings and Grounds Wendy Yankelitis.

Yankelitis estimates the steam line is around 25 years old.

Steam plants are around campus and can be seen along sidewalks near the Nazareth parking lot and along University Avenue where steam is coming out of the ground. Yankelitis said this steam is either from water in a manhole or lost insulation.

She said the university is talking to planners and engineers to explore the different options and determine what would be best for the campus.

“We’re spending a lot of time because this is a substantial investment for the university,” Yankelitis said.

She said the new steam line will not arrive this summer, but the university is targeting the project to be completed in the next two to four years.

Contact the writer: [email protected].edu

Twitter: @RLookerTWW

About the Writer
Rachel Looker, Editor-in-Chief

Rachel is a senior majoring in Digital Media with Broadcast Journalism and Production and minoring in Business. This is Rachel's second year as editor-in-chief...

• NEWS BRIEF: Campus steam line to be replaced in 2 to 4 years, says Assistant VP of Building and Grounds

NEWS BRIEF: More acts of vandalism on campus

Developer withdraws proposal for Dunmore section of Marywood South, but plans to resubmit

Opinion

OPINION: My voice matters

Latest security report shows a mixed bag

Community

Group Spotlight: Healing Our Healers

Featured Multimedia

Valid Point Episode 3: Is Big Brother really always watching?

Arts & Entertainment

Gadabout Film Festival to make a stop at Marywood

NEWS BRIEF: Amphitheatre statue vandalized

Marywood addresses mold affecting two campus buildings

Arts & Entertainment

Popcorn Picks Review: ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’