NEWS BRIEF: Campus steam line to be replaced in 2 to 4 years, says Assistant VP of Building and Grounds

Photo credit: Rachel Looker

Photo credit: Rachel Looker

Photo credit: Rachel Looker

Rachel Looker

Marywood’s central steam line is approaching the end of its life cycle, according to Assistant Vice President of Buildings and Grounds Wendy Yankelitis.

Yankelitis estimates the steam line is around 25 years old.

Steam plants are around campus and can be seen along sidewalks near the Nazareth parking lot and along University Avenue where steam is coming out of the ground. Yankelitis said this steam is either from water in a manhole or lost insulation.

She said the university is talking to planners and engineers to explore the different options and determine what would be best for the campus.

“We’re spending a lot of time because this is a substantial investment for the university,” Yankelitis said.

She said the new steam line will not arrive this summer, but the university is targeting the project to be completed in the next two to four years.

Contact the writer: [email protected].edu

Twitter: @RLookerTWW

About the Writer
Rachel Looker, Editor-in-Chief
The steam line is around 25 years old.
  • NEWS BRIEF: Campus steam line to be replaced in 2 to 4 years, says Assistant VP of Building and Grounds

Letters to the Editor

Letter to the Editor: Response to ‘An inappropriate time and place’

Letters to the Editor

Letter to the Editor: An inappropriate time and place

For students with special dietary restrictions, dining on campus is a team effort

Marywood celebrates 100th commencement ceremony

Marywood holds hooding and honors ceremony for class of 2018

Interim dean for College of Health and Human Services selected

Investigation after active shooter drill shows many classroom doors can’t be locked from the inside

Active shooter drill draws mixed feelings from faculty

Opinion

OPINION: Taking on the active shooter drill alone

Editorials

Our Opinion: With many small positives, Marywood earns B-