• Check back for new stories after August 25!

‘The Office’ come to Scranton one last time

Katie Owens, Entertainment Editor
April 23, 2013
Filed under Arts & Entertainment

NBC announced earlier this month that its hit sitcom "The Office" will be having its official wrap party celebration here in Scranton on May 4. The show is set in Scranton and will be wrapping up its eighth and final season on May 16. The announcement was met with excitement by local and countrywide... Read more »

Cooking with Katie: Guacamole

Cooking with Katie: Guacamole

Katie Owens, Entertainment Editor
April 23, 2013
Filed under Arts & Entertainment

Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner. To celebrate, here is a recipe fit for any Cinco de Mayo party. This guacamole recipe has a lot of room for customization and is easy enough to pull off with limited kitchen skills. What you’ll need: 3 ripe avocados 1 1/4 teaspoon salt 2 juiced lemons Optional... Read more »

Cooking with Katie: Key Lime Pie

Cooking with Katie: Key Lime Pie

Katie Owens, Entertainment Editor
March 25, 2013
Filed under Arts & Entertainment

Spring break has come and gone, and while you can’t be in Florida, you can bring some of it home with you in the form of Key Lime pie. This classic dessert is actually incredibly easy to make. As it is one of my personal favorites, I’ve spent a lot of time trying out different recipes over the years... Read more »

Cooking with Katie: “Adult” Mac & Cheese

Katie Owens, Arts & Entertainment Editor
February 25, 2013
Filed under Arts & Entertainment

After one semester in college, it's likely that just about every student in the country has consumed enough Easy Mac to last a lifetime. Many students would claim that this is because it’s so cheap, but they're spending seven bucks in the First Stop every other day, so clearly there are a... Read more »

Miss Julie performances successful despite weather interruptions

February 25, 2013
Filed under Arts & Entertainment

After being rescheduled to a matinee on Friday, Feb. 8, because of inclement weather, the Marywood music, theater, and dance department’s production of Miss Julie went on as planned Saturday and Sunday. The department once again proved the talent present on campus with a stunning performance. The... Read more »

We The Kings set to perform at Spring Fling

January 30, 2013
Filed under Arts & Entertainment

Marywood’s Student Activity Crew (SAC) recently announced that after much demand over the years, they have booked a national music act to play at this year’s Spring Fling. The news that We The Kings, a pop punk group originally from Florida, would be opening this year’s event spread through campus... Read more »

Staff writers continue their trips abroad – Oxford

Katie Owens, Staff Writer
November 16, 2012
Filed under Community

Life in Oxford has become routine, in the best way possible. Mornings start off in cafes. There is no shortage to choose from and while I have a few favorites, there are always new ones to be discovered. Classes are in full swing and while we have small class sizes at Marywood, nothing compares to... Read more »

Katie Travels to Oxford

Katie Travels to Oxford

Katie Owens, Staff Writer
September 20, 2012
Filed under Community

Editor's Note: Katie Owens, senior English major, is studying abroad for the first time. In this column, Katie will reflect on her abroad experiences in the UK. When I was a little girl, I always dreamed of going to college. But not just any college. I wanted to go to a college in England. But,... Read more »

Staying up late: Movies at midnight

Staying up late: Movies at midnight

Katie Owens, A&E Editor
April 29, 2012
Filed under Arts & Entertainment

In the history of movies, midnight releases are relatively new. This practice started with the release of the first Stars Wars prequel, “Empire Strikes Back” in May 1980. At the time, it was the idea of being the first to see a highly anticipated film that drew people to the theaters for these first... Read more »

Sudoku : April

Sudoku : April

April 17, 2012
Filed under Arts & Entertainment, Games

Solution:

Performance poet to visit Marywood

Performance poet to visit Marywood

Katie Owens, A&E Editor
February 21, 2012
Filed under Community

On March 19, popular poet Taylor Mali will be performing and giving a workshop at Marywood University. Mali, who gave up teaching to pursue slam poetry, has two published books and several spoken word CDs. Many of his poems center around what he learned in his nine years of teaching. According to... Read more »

Cathrine’s College Cuisine

Cathrine’s College Cuisine

Katie Owens, A&E Editor
February 21, 2012
Filed under Arts & Entertainment

Everyone knows that one of the biggest hassles in college can be the food. These days it isn't usually the quality of the food, but the lack of variety if you're eating in the dining hall everyday for four years. Making your own food sometimes too difficult, or out of your budget, but there are actually... Read more »

Year in Review

Year in Review

Katie Owens, A&E Editor
December 6, 2011
Filed under Arts & Entertainment

Television Biggest... save? When Charlie Sheen’s life went down the tubes in gigantic ways over the last two years, it looked like bad news for his show “Two and a Half Men”. However, in May, CBS announced that Ashton Kutcher... Read more »

October: Fall Word Find

October 23, 2011
Filed under Games

Solution